What would you like to learn more about?

Maureen Amberg is an author and entrepreneur whose primary focus is on the self esteem and positive confidence of kids and teenagers.

Welcome to My Blog

I appreciate that you have other choices of what to do with your time, so Thank You for visiting.

Your comments ~ negative or positive, constructive or not, will be gratefully received.

My only goal here is to make life better for children of all ages, and hopefully I am providing some awesome information for them to gain a more forceful and positive hold on the secrets to a better life.

Always caring for kids,

Maureen Amberg
http://KidsEdgeOnSelfEsteem.com

Kids Edge

Kids Edge
I am the one in blue turtleneck

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Is it Depression or Low Self Esteem

Only a doctor can diagnose true depression, but I want you to know that it does exist in children!  A common belief is that, it is more common in teenagers. The truth is that any age is subject to depression.
 
Depression is not the same as being in a bad mood or feeling "down".  Constant gloominess, seeming to not be able to carry out simple tasks, oversleeping, or not being able to sleep, disinterest in normal activities, doing poorly in school, anger, sadness, extreme weight gain or loss, lack of energy, withdrawal from friends and family, change in appearance, alcohol and/or drug use, aggressiveness, and more...............all of these are serious areas of concern.  A licensed psychologist can make an accurate diagnosis.
 
Statistics have shown that depression can lead children to attempt to harm  themselves.  If a child suffers from true depression, it is vital to get them professional help as soon as possible.
 
If it is found that your child simply has a poor self concept or low self esteem, I am here to help you learn how to boost his or her confidence by simple day to day actions.
 
In my next email, I will give you specific how to information.  Watch for it!
 
By being confident and kind, {!name_fix}  We'll do this together!  Kids self-esteem is critical to their success in life.
 
Always caring for kids,
 
Maureen

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
San Pedro, CA, United States
Maureen is an author,entrepreneur and children's advocate for MEA Online Edge Inc., with emphasis on the self esteem and self confidence of children; including teenagers. Caring for Kids is my current life focus. I strive to be tranquil, serene, and compassionate. Hopefully, this translates into "peaceful and calm".

Pages

AWeber

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter